Sunday, June 9, 2013

Things to Remember

I just want to take some time and document some things Vinny is saying and doing right now so that I will always have them to remember. This is such a fun age. He is growing so much every single day. He is talking so great. Though itt does take him a while to talk a whole bunch around other people. I can understand 99.9% of everything he is saying. He talks in sentences and knows well over a hundred words. You can have a conversation with him, you can reason with him, you can give him choices. He is definitely a little boy these days. He is very polite and almost always uses "please, thank you and you're welcome." The best part about him is that not everything is perfect! I am going to try and write down every funny or mispronounced word or phrase he says. Some of these he's already starting to correct which makes me kind of sad. But it's a great thing!

Tutty=Tank (he has always called him this)

He has also renamed his grandparents.
Neenie who was once Nana
Poppie who was once Papa
G.P who was once G-Pa
He let nonnie continue to be nonnie :o)

He refers to himself as "you" Example: "Mommy hold you" or "this is yous."
He means, "Mommy hold me" and "this is mine."

Heady=Heavy
Boobies=bubbles
Poon=pool
Nacks=Snacks
Pizzy=Pizza
Mowny=Mower
Oller=Oliver
Shoot it=play basketball
Butball=Football
Puzzies=puzzles
Nakkin=Napkin
Taddel=Towel
Truck, sometimes Tracker=Tractor
Fench fies=French Fries
Buggies=Bugs
Apane=Airplane
Tucky=my parents dog, Tucker
Bankie=his favorite blanket.
Cedal=Cereal
Pease=Please
Tank you=Thank you
Welcome=You're welcome
Fide=Slide
Hammy=Hammer
Choo Choo=Train
Reedy=Really (really hot!)
Nose=Snow
Pay=Play ("I wanna pay dat!)
"Had it"=I want to play with that(think he learned this one from daycare, ha!)
Peas Yucky=Stinky (somehow he has combined me saying P.U. or yucky for
when something is stinky! He loves to tell me to smell his feet and then say that! :o)

His big thing right now is to ask what you are doing. Over and over.
"What are you doing, mommy?"

When he sees football players he says "pushing"
The first football practice I took him to here at Arkansas we sat in front of the O-lineman.
They were doing blocking drills with each other and he stopped, turned around and said
"ohhh, mommy, pushin." Like, they should not be pushing each other because that is not nice. :o)

When he asks me where daddy is I say, "he's working." One day, he said, "mommy, tutty working?"

On=light (one night at my parents he was saying goodnight to everyone and then he
looked at the light and said "goodnight on"


When it is dark he will put both hands on top of his head and say "dawk." I have no idea where this came from.

He is definitely his parent's son in the fact that he likes "clean."
He does not want to be messy while he eats. He will always ask for a napkin.
He loves to help mommy vacuum. He follows behind me with his.
He helps me clean house sometimes by following behind me with a clean towel I will give him.

His favorite things to do right now: play ball with tank, play baseball, mow, swim, play with bugs, read books, cook in his kitchen, play with cars and trucks and just be outside. I have a hard time getting him to come inside ever. Good thing we all love to be outside!

He is a good little sleeper. He generally goes to his room for books at about 8:30 and is asleep by 9:00. He normally doesn't wake up again until the next morning around 9:00 am. His afternoon naps usually range from 1.5 to 2.5 hours.

Although it is sad to watch him grow up so fast it makes me so happy to see how much he learns and grows every day. That's how it is supposed to be and we just thank God that he has blessed us with a healthy and happy little boy. We love you so much, Vinny!

No comments:

Post a Comment